Symptom Hair Loss in Women
The concept of hair loss and hair fall among women is characterized by the thinning of the hair and not complete baldness as it happens in men. Women body undergo various physical and bodily changes in her life, many factors on the whole become responsible for the hair fall problem. An estimated figure show that around 40 percent of women suffer from the problem of hair fall during their life. The average normal rate of hair fall among human is around 50 to 100 strands per day. However in the case of Telogen effluvium, the hair fall is more than normal and follicle even stop supporting the growth of new hair.
Hair fall is normal up to certain level, but when that normal level is exceed, it becomes worrisome for women. It however becomes difficult to figure out the main symptoms of hair fall, some of the permanent hair fall areas are:
- When large number of hair remain in the comb or brush and they grow day by day
- Scalp gets red and itch at times, it shows there is some skin infection that must be dealt
- During wash, hair fall is tremendous
- On the scalp, some baldness patches start emerging
- Hair becomes thin on all the upper portion of the scalp
- Surprisingly excessive intake of Vitamin A is also said to cause hair fall
- Dandruff in the hair is also one of the symptom hair loss in females
- At times some accident, or long illness also lead to the hair loss among women, as during that phase the intake of medication reduces the hair growth by follicle and cause hair loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycle or heavy periods also suffer from hair loss. They hormones are hyper active and become symptom hair loss in women
- Thyroid gland imbalance in the form of hyperthyroid or hypo thyroid is also symptom hair fall in women
When your hair shows any of the above mentioned symptom, it means there is some problem and skin specialist must be consulted.
When talk about the common temporary symptom hair fall in women, these are:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Taking stress
- Deficiency of required nutrients in the body
- Blood loss
- Any disease
- Dental treatment
- Skin or cosmetic allergy
- Weak immunity system
- Birth control, hormonal changes
- Intake of some medications
Apart from above mentioned symptoms, pregnancy is also said to be another symptom hair loss in women. During this phase women may develop healthy and thick hair, but after child delivery it is followed by sudden hair fall. This is characterized by the changes in the physiology of the women’s body.
Some women also suffer from genetic pattern of baldness or androgenetic, in this case like men, women also suffer hair loss. However the loss is only restricted to the overall thinning of the hair from some areas of the scalp.